AHA ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP, PEARS, ACLS EP, PHTLS and Heartsaver First Aid, CPR/AED Saving American Hearts, Inc 6165 Lehman Drive Suite 202 Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918 Catherine Brinkley (719) 551-1222 email: email@example.com
Welcome to the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers BLS Instructor Course
Welcome to the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Instructor Course
BLS Instructor Course - Please read all of this information before purchasing your course.
A BLS Instructor has the ability to teach any American Heart Association BLS Provider Course and BLS Provider Renewal Course, BLS Heartcode Skills Session as well as the Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid courses for non-medical people.
There are numerous steps to become an AHA Instructor, but it is possible to get everything done in just a few days. Here is all the information you need to know:
1. You must have current AHA provider card in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline.
2. Successfully complete the BLS Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate. ($35 at www.onlineaha.org)
3. Successfully complete the BLS classroom Instructor Course and Paperwork.
4. Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months after completing the Instructor Course.
5. Purchase the BLS Classroom DVD (and Renewal DVD) Worldpoint has a package that contains both DVDs, and purchase the Lesson Maps for teaching the course. (If you get the instructor package, the lesson maps (also called BLS Instructor Manual)
6. Go to www.ahainstructornetwork.org create an account and save your login This is very important, if you loose it, you won't be able to retrieve it. You'll also need to align with Edcor. Please go to: Instructions: http://www.enrollware.com/sitefiles/edcor/How_To_Align.docx for instructions on how to align with Edcor. Here on the instructor network, you will need to download and print the instructor candidate application. Here are the links for 2 more forms: http://www.enrollware.com/sitefiles/edcor/Transfer_Request_Form.pdf
7. You'll need to bring all these things with you to the class. Your BLS Instructor package (Manual, DVDs), Candidate Instructor form, Transfer request, CURRENT BLS Provider Card.
8. You will need to be monitored teaching your first course, so you will need to get with the instructor before the end of the class and make arrangements to teach a class.
If you have any questions about the course please call Catherine Brinkley at (719) 551-1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also text, as I am almost always teaching a class.
Catherine Brinkley (719) 551-1222
Saving American Hearts, Inc 6165 Lehman Drive Suite 202 Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918